We’re looking for someone empathetic and customer-focused to build an amazing online community and help Monzo expand in the US market.
In the UK we built our product with the help from our community and customers – they gave us lots of useful feedback as we designed a better way to bank, and even helped us name the company! Now we want to build a strong community in the US and make it the foundation of our US expansion.
We’ve already built a small but passionate online community that encompasses a range of people across a few different platforms (our blog, Twitter, Community Forum, Discord and other social media channels). You’ll lead our engagement across all of these channels, as well as some in person events (once it’s safe to do so) — driving participation and engagement, introducing new people to Monzo, and keeping community at the heart of everything we do.
A day in the life…
- Immersing yourself in our existing community, helping with questions and issues as they arise, and finding new ways to attract, grow, and engage our US community.
- Owning and growing our social media channels for our US brand (initially Twitter, but the other major platforms too).
- Being the voice of the community across the US team, channeling their sentiments and ensuring we stay relentlessly customer-focused with everything we do. We’ll expect you to be a part of product planning, and will help ensure that the product team is working on the things which our customers will value most.
- Organizing regular meet-ups and events (whether virtual or in person) to build community, boost brand awareness and give our community and customers a chance to engage directly with our US team.
- Owning our content calendar to produce interesting and engaging content on our website, blog and for social media.
- Keeping an ear to the ground at all times, thinking of new and engaging ways to promote Monzo in the right places.
You’ll work closely with the US Product team, will report to the US Head of Product, and you’ll also work closely with our UK marketing and community teams.
You should apply if
- You get community — what it is and how to build it, and you can show us examples of where you’ve created an amazing community in a past role or roles.
- You’re laser focused on the customer: you put them first and are fixated on improving their experience.
- You know your way around analytics and metrics, and you use these to inform what you do.
- You’re self-motivated, focused on executing well, and enjoy being hands-on.
- You’re comfortable working in ambiguous circumstances and can make decisions with incomplete information.
- The interview process consists of: initial calls with members of the US team, a take home task so we can get a sense of your creativity, and then 2 face-to-face interviews (currently being conducted via Google Meet) with members of our US and UK teams. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
- This role is based in San Francisco, and we have a flexible work from home policy! We offer a competitive salary and a pretty great benefits package (if we do say so ourselves!)
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us — if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- At Monzo, we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.