We’re looking for a skilled SEO manager to join our growing Marketing team.
With over 5 million customers and thousands more joining each month, we’re growing rapidly! And the vast majority of customers find us through organic channels or recommendations from friends.
We’re looking to supercharge this growth as well as scale new revenue generating products such as Monzo Premium, Monzo Plus and Business Banking.
Reporting directly to the VP Marketing, you will have full ownership to shape our SEO strategy.
Over time, you’ll build and lead a team who can execute at a world-class standard.
You’ll spend your time:
- Defining what SEO is and the long term growth opportunity it can unlock at Monzo. And deciding how we make it happen!
- Setting the strategic direction for SEO-driven growth and giving technical guidance for the product and growth teams.
- Developing KPIs, building tooling and reporting structures, and using these to create actionable insights and objectives about our products. This includes using proprietary SEO tools to enable the team to operate at scale.
- Empowering and collaborating with your colleagues working on content, PPC and affiliates to understand where to focus.
- Researching potential audiences and the best ways to reach them.
- Understanding the role SEO plays in our customers’ journey.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
- You have a proven track record in using search to drive growth at scale.
- You have a varied SEO tool kit - including experience of working with popular tools like AHrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Moz etc, and an understanding of front-end technologies and structured and linked data.
- You have an understanding of how to create engaging content
- You’re proactive: able to identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told what to do.
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small.
- You’re just as happy getting stuck in as you are taking a step back and thinking long-term.
- You’re data-driven and understand the numbers and impact behind everything you do.
- You’re a team player who works well with others.
The application process consists of a short phone call, followed by a practical written exercise and a selection of virtual interviews.
We're offering a salary of £70,000 - £115,000 and stock options, depending on your skills and experience.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work remotely, part-time, or need further flexibility we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.