We’re looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Payable (AP) & Accounts Receivable (AR) to support our AP & AR operations in Cardiff and help us build an amazing finance function.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and expect you to take ownership. We’re focused on our end goal of making money work for everyone. Today we have over 4 million amazing customers and a UK banking licence. We’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing. Fast. One of our (many) next key missions is to evolve what we’ve built so far into a profitable, sustainable business.
We brought the Accounts Payable function in-house in 2019 and are expanding our Accounts Payable & Receivable team. We are constantly taking on new suppliers and processing ever-increasing expenses. You will have an opportunity to join the team of Accounts Payable specialists in Cardiff and work together with our London team and engineers to streamline all manual processes. This may include travelling to the London Office as, and when required.
Everyday you’ll be:
- Processing multi-currency invoices for UK and US subsidiaries,
- Reviewing employee expenses and approving them for payment,
- Monitoring email and Slack channels and responding to suppliers and colleagues queries,
- Creating new suppliers in the system and ensuring that supplier onboarding process has been completed,
- Preparing weekly payment runs, making sure invoices have been approved according with our policy and supplier are being paid on time,
- Reconciling supplier statements, identifying discrepancies and resolving them,
- Supporting our Accounts Receivable function, raising new invoices and chasing for payments,
- Helping finance team with delivery of a timely month end,
- Keeping our process documentation up to date and documenting from scratch new processes and controls,
- Supporting the team in the automation of processes,
- Helping to resolve teams inquiries, and picking up ad-hoc tasks as they come in (e.g reports on spend for particular suppliers etc.)
You should apply if:
- Ideally you have some relevant experience in Accounts Payable & Receivable functions
- You can adapt to new systems easily (bonus points for experience with Netsuite and G-suite functionality)
- You love the challenge of learning new things and getting stuck in
- You have a great eye for detail and delight in investigating and solving issues for people
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- You’re a self-starter and are hands-on
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and a couple of video interviews.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.