We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Product Team:
We’re looking for Senior Product Managers to join our team and help us build one of the best, most innovative banks in the world.
Monzo is the lead challenger bank in the UK. In the last few years we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 10% of UK adults have a Monzo account.
Product Managers at Monzo enjoy tremendous scope and responsibility. Product Managers work at the core of multi-disciplinary teams that operate with autonomy and initiative to build and improve products that have demonstrable positive impact on our customers’ lives. PMs and their teams set big, ambitious goals and then have freedom to determine how to meet them.
As a PM you’ll work across a huge product area like Business Banking, Budgeting, Pots or our Core Personal Banking application. You’ll prioritize thoughtfully within that huge area so that we operate with the highest leverage and impact.
We believe great ideas come from everywhere, and that flat, autonomous teams produce the best outcomes for Monzo and our customers.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop our understanding of our users at a deep level, building a strategy to help them reduce anxiety over money and feel more in control of their finances
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to find the best path to creating meaningful value for our customers while meeting our business objectives. This could involve building new features, improving existing features, or changing the way we work operationally and the non-software features we offer customers.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with design, engineering, research, legal, compliance and many others to refine your plan and execute against it effectively.
- Build. Make changes. Ship. Fast, iteratively, and in control.
- Track and monitor how we’re doing with core metrics for your area, and new ones you develop with the team for the work you’re doing. Iterate and improve on your work to hit our goals and create value for our customers.
- Work closely with our Research, Engineering and Design communities to help define and deliver our product roadmap
- Take ideas wherever they come from -- our job is to do the best thing, not to come up with every idea or be right all the time. It’s to find the right answer and iterate fast.
- Communicate clearly with your team and everyone at the company to continuously improve how you work together and ensure everyone is happy, productive, efficient and operating with our customers’ interests at our core
- Spread your knowledge and experience and mentor other product managers while also continuously learning.
You should apply if:
- You’ve shipped world-class products at a fast growing company.
- You’re passionate about building value for customers and not just achieving business results.
- You’re data driven, passionate about metrics, and intellectually honest about how your work is performing -- and driven to continuously improve it.
- You’re comfortable working in a deeply collaborative, highly technical team
- You’re passionate about learning every day and sharing your knowledge and experience every day.
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30 mins) - Once you apply, if your application is aligned, one of our Hiring team will reach out to you for an introductory conversation.
- Initial Chat (45 mins) - This will be an introductory conversation with one of our Product leaders.
- Product Loop (3 hours) - This stage consists of 3 separate interviews that usually happen across 1-2 days. This will be made up of a Project Walkthrough, a Case Study, and a Leadership Interview. If you get through to this stage, your Recruiter will have a 20-minute chat with you beforehand to help you get ready and prepare for this stage.
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
One of our Product Managers has written a detailed blog on their experience through this process, for extra details, hints and tips please see 'My first 3 months at Monzo as a Product Manager'
What’s in it for you:
💰 £90,000 - £110,000 base salary➕ plus stock options
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas.
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.