We're looking for a highly proactive, enthusiastic and commercially-minded Senior Internal Controls Manager to lead, develop and maintain our internal finance controls framework, inspire and grow our controls team and to help us build a world-class finance function.
Combining the learning of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world, with your own unique approach you will help build an elite world class Finance team that fosters our open, collaborative, and inclusive working environment which embraces change and loves to continuously learn. You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
- Develop, embed and maintain a robust and scalable financial control framework across Monzo covering our financial and regulatory reporting
- Responsible for coordinating appropriate reporting to management, senior stakeholders and Audit committee on the effectiveness of the financial control framework
- Provide guidance, support and direction to the business on effectively managing risk and demonstrating that the appropriate control environment is in place
- Perform deep dives and reviews to evaluate and improve Monzo’s first line financial control environment
- Work closely with our second lines of defence to enhance Monzo’s risk, controls and governance framework
- Lead and manage strategic projects (e.g. transition to a controls based audit) within Finance that help build and drive financial capabilities across the Bank
- Work with engineers to automate or enhance recurring processes, as well as provide advice on control automation efforts across Monzo
- Lead and manage a team of internal control squad (2 currently but likely to expand)
You should apply if:
- You’re a qualified accountant with post-qualified experience working in financial services
- You have strong internal controls/internal audit/SOX 404 technical background
- You’re fascinated by the banking and regulatory landscape and have a good understanding of key financial controls
- You have demonstrable experience dealing with senior stakeholders to deliver change
- You’re a strong communicator who is able to translate complex technical information into something that is easy for all audiences to understand
- You’re a self-starter and enjoy tackling what needs doing
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The salary range for this role is £75,000 - £105,000 (Dependent On Experience) plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, and a couple of final video interviews.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we’ll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.