We’re searching for an ambitious, innovative and caring leader to inspire and grow our Regulatory Reporting team. The role is responsible for all of our financial regulatory returns (including capital and liquidity) and ensuring we comply with existing and new requirements.
Combining the learnings of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world with your own unique approach, you will lead an expert and growing team that fosters our open, collaborative, and inclusive working environment, embraces change, and loves to continuously learn. You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively understanding and interpreting regulatory reporting rules and guidance for Monzo to ensure ongoing compliance
- Applying appropriate rules and continuously review Monzo’s entire capital, liquidity and financial regulatory reporting suite
- Responsible for Pillar 3 disclosures
- Owning all regulatory metrics
- Submit and review all capital, liquidity and financial regulatory returns
- Develop and establish the appropriate governance framework for all of our Regulatory reporting activities
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement throughout with appropriate oversight and control of activities
- Lead the automation of Monzo’s regulatory reporting and work closely with our engineers and data scientists to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timelines
- Working with the rest of the company to help them understand regulatory implications of new products and services
You’ll join the Finance team as a key leader and will be working with external parties including outsourced providers and regulators.
You should apply if:
- You have experience in a senior regulatory reporting or a regulatory policy role
- You have excellent planning, organisation and time-management skills
- You can demonstrate a proven track record of excellent team leadership and coaching skills with the ability to provide empathy and guidance
- You're excited to leverage technology to automate reporting and capital management with a track record of continuous process improvement
- You’re extremely proactive and love getting stuck into capital and regulatory policy
- You have a great eye for detail and are numerically astute
- You’re self-motivated and willing to turn your hand to any task
The salary for this role would be £75,000-105,000 plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed 2-3 on-video interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.