We're looking for a Data Analyst excited to help build the bank of the future!
This role will be supporting the Customer Operations team and will focus on making sure we can measure and understand the performance of our operational staff, tooling, and processes. You’ll help create metrics to monitor how well we meet demand, how our staff perform, and where key opportunities for improvement are. You’ll also be responsible for providing key stakeholders across the business with self-service dashboards for real time understanding of the metrics you have created.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data analyst is a member of the central Data Discipline but will be fully embedded into one area (this role will be embedded within the Customer Operations team, working closely with Data Scientists, Engineers, Designers and Product Managers in the Customer Operations team).
Data at Monzo
Our Data team's mission is to Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
At the core of this mission sits our data platform. We're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. Every engineer at Monzo is responsible for collection of relevant analytics events from their microservices. We optimise for simplicity and re-usability – all our data lives in one place and is made available via our data warehouse in Google BigQuery.
Our technology stack
We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies (note we do not expect applicants to have prior experience of all them):
- Google Cloud Platform for all of our analytics infrastructure
- dbt and BigQuery SQL for our data modelling and warehousing
- Python for data science
- Go to write our application code
- AWS for most of our backend infrastructure
As part of your role, you'll:
- Build robust data models, reports and visualisations that support the Customer Operations team in monitoring their performance.
- Collect, analyse, and disseminate information and analysis on Monzo’s operational performance and service levels.
- Provide key stakeholders across the business with self-service dashboards for real time understanding of the metrics you have created, using Looker
What's special about data at Monzo?
Autonomy. We believe that people reach their full potential when you can remove all the operational obstacles out of their way and let them run with their ideas. This comes together with a strong sense of ownership for your projects. At Monzo, you will get full access to our data and analytics infrastructure. When you discover something interesting, there is nothing stopping you from exploring and implementing your coolest ideas.
Cutting-edge managed infrastructure. All our data infrastructure lives on the Google Cloud Platform, so you don't need to spend your time configuring or managing clusters, databases, etc. All of our infrastructure is designed so that we can have really high data quality, and spend most of our time using that data to support business decisions.
Automation. We aim to automate as much as we can, so that every person in the team can focus on the things that humans do best. As with all data science work, there’s some analysis and reporting, and as much as possible we encourage self-serve access to our data through Looker.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well
- You're passionate about data and using that data to improve & inform business decisions
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in data analytics, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have experience of using a BI tool like Looker to provide dashboards and self-serve analysis tools to stakeholders
Our interview process is normally a phone interview, a take home task and call to discuss it, and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)