Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
At Monzo, we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
We're the UK's fastest growing bank and we've just launched in the US. We’re looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to help establish and build our Customer Operations team, initially remotely but eventually in our San Francisco office as soon as it is safe to return. We have big ambitions in the US and the team will grow very quickly, but we’re just getting started and you will be joining at a formative time. In addition to providing outstanding customer support you'll help us develop scalable procedures and processes that will help enable the team to grow quickly.
You're keen to get involved in an early stage startup and excited for the opportunity to build Monzo in the US. You see customer support as central to the product we are building, and might use the knowledge you develop in this role to scale an operational area at Monzo in the future.
You'll be a problem solver and a strong advocate for customer experience
We're looking for someone who isn't afraid to troubleshoot tough problems. When something comes up that no one has seen before you'll work directly with the rest of the team to solve the issue, and build a process to tackle the same problem in the future. You'll listen to customers' concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. You'll fix whatever's up and help us stop it from happening again.
Customers are the heart of Monzo
In the UK we're known for our outstanding customer support. We're looking for help building the foundation for our Customer Operations team in the US. You'll be the first point of contact for our very first US customers. You'll be tackling questions, identifying bugs and feeding back directly to our product and engineering teams.
Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, having access to world class customer service is another. By solving customers' problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better. This is a unique opportunity to help us shape what customer service will look like as we expand into the US.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers
- Developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital banking product and helping us prioritise what we build accordingly
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers’ needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat
- Proactively spotting patterns in customer feedback to see where we can make positive changes to our processes, tools, or product
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defense to help spot and investigate trends
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating when things go wrong and making sure we set it right
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation and mentoring new joiners. Making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best banking product in the world.
You should apply if:
- You know what great customer support looks like and you're passionate about delivering it at scale
- You're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
- You delight in investigating complex problems, getting to the root cause, and fixing them
- You're friendly, focused, and super organized
- You're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to constant change
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and able to work independently
- You're excited for a challenge and want to be part of the team that makes Monzo!
🧰In addition to the above, we'd also love to hear from anyone with:
- experience in a support/service role for a financial services company or technical support organization
- proficiency in Spanish
- interest in financial technology
- previous experience in a training or coaching role or experience managing cross-functional projects
- The interview process consists of a phone interview, a written exercise and video calls with the team
- This role is based in San Francisco but will be fully remote until safe to be in an office and we have a flexible work-from-home policy
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.