At Monzo we are known and celebrated for our company culture. It is often said that your culture is the stories that could have only happened within your company. At Monzo we are lucky enough to have a novel full of them. Our stories celebrate achieving audacious goals, of the strengths of transparency and the importance of bringing your whole self to work. Not all of our stories are celebrations though, we have many filled with the grit and determination to achieve in the face of adversity and of supporting one another through challenges and setbacks. It is this combination of focus on high performance and empathy that makes Monzo magic. We are known externally as much for our record breaking crowdfunding raises and our award winning customer service as we are our approach to mental health and diversity and inclusion. We call this Monzo magic.
We have grown from 40 people to 1,300+ in a very short time. We want to continue to scale our culture and continue to make Monzo magic not only for the people who work with us today but for the people who will join in three years time. We are looking for someone who wants to be an integral part of shaping the culture of the future of Monzo and to keep Monzo evolving and developing as we grow.
You will be part of the People Experience Squad, a group of people dedicated to the holistic experience of Monzonauts. You will be focused primarily on new Monzonauts in your day to day but will contribute to projects that impact Monzonauts throughout their journey.
You’ll be responsible for
- The company All Hands meeting, including facilitation, retros and proposals for change.
- End to end management of onboarding. We want people to start experiencing the Monzo magic from the moment they get their offer through to the day they embed into their teams.
- Facilitating onboarding sessions on a weekly basis providing a delightful experience to our new Monzonauts.
- Working with the People Experience Lead and People Experience Director to curate a programme of engagement activities that connect and develop Monzonauts.
- Contributing to the ongoing focus of defining and embedding Monzo’s culture in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Writing internal communications for our Monzonauts.
- Acting as an ambassador and representative of the company’s mission and values, effectively communicating and mentoring employees on Monzo’s values and culture.
- Creating routine reports for ExCo and the board on company culture and contributing to reports for the regulators when required.
You should apply if
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have experience tailoring messages to different audiences.
- You have experience presenting engaging sessions and facilitating discussions, particularly around culture.
- You are proactive with a resilient attitude and able to put things in place for the future while managing the demands of today.
- You have experience in relationship building with various stakeholders and are able to create psychological safety.
- You have independently managed projects end to end and are able to think critically about continuous improvement.
- You have used data to make proposals for change and to define metrics.
- You care deeply about the future of engagement and culture at Monzo today and want to be part of scaling it for the future.
- Role must be based in our London office.
- We are able to support flexible working in this role.
- This role can be part time.
- The annual salary for this role is circa £33,000 + options, pension contribution and benefits.
- The interview process will be an initial call with someone in the team followed by a test and then two online interviews.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.