We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our remote Customer Operations (COps) team
At Monzo, we’ve built a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. We are always here to help as every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through a quick call, social media, emails and our app 🚀
COps are the heart of Monzo ❤️
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo and the main way our customers communicate with us.
We want to delight our customers in any way possible. Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
Your working life and shift requirements ☀️
You will get paid £20,500 and a huge range of benefits (more details about these on our website here). All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package.
You’ll be working remotely on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we're always here to help and allow 24/7 customer support through our calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat. That means your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis.
To make sure we have enough cover on weekends, you'll work some other weekend days and get days off in the same working week. All of our full time COps are guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
You’ll know how to fix problems on the spot 🔧
Every person in COps has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payments systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever the problem is and stop it from happening again
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments!
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital bank.
- Communicating with our customers mainly on the telephone, but through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our Financial Crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends. Whilst investigating and making decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to Monzo.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our app). Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the COps team. This could range from helping out on social media to spending time with our Financial Crime specialists!
✅ You should apply if you:
- are a UK resident and currently living in the UK
- have the right to work in the UK - an offer of employment is subject to satisfactory proof of this.
- are over 18 years old
- care deeply about delighting our customers
- are great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
- are very comfortable using a laptop (an Apple MacBook will be provided by Monzo)
- delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- know your way around social networks, and technology interests you
- are friendly and super organised
- want to be part of the team that makes Monzo!
- haven't applied and been unsuccessful within the last 6 months
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need:
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 3 mbps)
- We'll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
The application process 🤝
- 🕑Please allow 1-2 hours to complete this application.
- ⭐️TOP TIP! What are we looking for in your application?
- A high level of attention-to-detail in your written communication, which is important in the COps role.
- Specific, tangible examples which cover the topic in the 'tell us about a time when...' questions.
- Analytical problem solving skills to help get the customer to a logical solution in the scenario based questions, whilst being customer centric and empathetic.
- 👀 Once you've submitted your application questions, we'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead).
- 🎉 If you're successful, we’ll invite you to one of our remote assessment days, where you'll have some one-on-one interviews via Google Hangout.
- If all goes well, you'll join our growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone! 🚀
You'll spend 5 days per week for your first three weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00. This is all done remotely.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.