At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
We are working to revolutionise the way people manage their finances by putting them in control, being transparent and promoting financial wellbeing. To achieve this we are expanding our range of Borrowing products and improving our existing products - we are looking for a new Credit Analyst Manager to join the team and help us achieve this goal.
You should apply if:
- You are an expert in lending economics and have a strong understanding of the full lifecycle from origination to debt collection, and have experience developing and deploying underwriting strategies and credit models
- You can bring a dynamic energy to the team, and are keen for the chance to drive new products and features and ship them to our customers
- You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. SQL is a must-have, Python is a plus
- You have a strong track record as a team manager
- You are a clear and precise communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points
- You have good project management and coordination skills
- You work well collaborating in a team with diverse skill-sets and personality types
- You have a working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
You'll spend your time:
- Leading a team that will own and manage all credit-related matters for our new Borrowing products
- Managing and coaching our Credit Analysts to perform to the best of their abilities
- Leading pieces of analytical work, ranging from underwriting strategy, NPV analysis, revenue and loss forecasting
- Working with peers in Product, Design, Engineering and Data to make our new product ideas into a reality
- Overseeing the data production pipeline using internal and external data sources, from raw data tables to visual dashboards for Borrowing and Monzo leadership
- You have 5+ years of experience in relevant roles
The application process consists of a recruiter call, phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a practical written exercise and then final stage interviews conducted via google hangout.
This role is based in the London office, however given the current circumstances we are all working remotely.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.