At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We have been growing quickly, with over 4 million customers in the UK. To make sure that Monzo can both grow and stay in control, we’re expanding our Prudential Risk team in the second line of defence.
This role will focus on understanding and managing our financial risks arising from Monzo’s current and new activities and products, and developing and embedding a robust financial risk management framework. The Senior Market and Liquidity Risk Manager will be involved in monitoring the way we grow and manage our balance sheet, in identifying and monitoring any risks to our financial positions, in overseeing first line activities in line with our risk framework and in developing stress testing capabilities.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Day to day second line responsibility for overseeing, reviewing and maintaining appropriate risk appetite for liquidity, funding and market risks
- Developing and implementing Monzo’s financial risk management framework including the design and review of risk strategy, policy, controls and models for market and liquidity risk
- Representing the Prudential Risk team, acting as a subject matter expert in liquidity and market risk, providing challenge and guidance on initiatives and activity from first line teams, including Treasury and product areas
- Contributing to key regulatory submissions including the ILAAP, ICAAP and RRP, ensuring the quality of these submissions is to the expected standards and that the related processes are embedded into Monzo’s decision-making
- Leading the development of market and liquidity risk stress testing capabilities
- Identifying and reporting on the impact of regulatory change on Monzo’s financial risk position
- Producing opinions and reporting on Monzo’s financial risk position for senior management, executive committee and the Board
You should apply if you have:
- Significant experience (ideally 7+ years) in a Treasury or prudential risk management function of a bank or within the financial services industry
- Deep technical understanding of balance sheet management, liquidity and market risk regulatory requirements in the financial services industry
- Extensive knowledge of the regulatory framework, relevant requirements and experience engaging with regulators
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in particular the ability to explain complex topics clearly to senior audiences
- The ability to work independently, building collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders across a range of topics
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The process consists of submission of a CV and application questions, CV review by the Hiring Manager and a short interview. This may include a task or pre-work to be completed before the interview.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.