The People team at Monzo is responsible for making sure our employees are empowered to do the best work of their lives. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall running of our payrolls from start to finish. You’ll work with our external payroll providers and internal stakeholders to ensure every payday runs like clockwork. You'll focus on building out the payroll processes, policies and best practices for both new and existing employees. You’ll also work cross-functionally within the People organisation as well as with our Finance and Risk and Compliance teams to share your specialist knowledge and support. This role will report to the People Experience Director in the short term while the Payroll Lead is on caregiver leave.
Monzo is an exciting combination of a bank and tech start-up, started from scratch in February 2015 to build a bank that makes money work for everyone. We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
Combining the learning of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world, with your own unique approach you will help build an elite world class team that fosters our open, collaborative, and inclusive working environment which embraces change and loves to continuously learn.You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
You’ll be hands-on in the day-to-day
- Managing the growing monthly UK payroll of 1400+ employees, as well as 5 smaller payrolls of 20 employees total in Spain, France, Ireland, Canada and Poland, from start to finish
- Preparing and submitting monthly payrolls in each location, and conduct payroll reconciliations for review and approval with total accuracy
- Acting as a point of contact for all payroll questions from all stakeholders
- Owning the payroll processes, and revising as necessary, taking into account new legislation changes, growth and risk factors
- Working closely with our payroll vendors, ensuring a strong working relationship and the highest standard of service levels
- Providing support on all payroll related projects including internal and external audits and annual reporting
- Working closely with the People team on all reward projects, providing insight into best practices and relevant payroll and benefits regulations for the region
You should apply if you have:
- Significant experience of working on payrolls within the UK and internationally
- Process management experience, with a keen eye for risk and control
- Strong analytical skills and background, financial acumen and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and globally in a growing and fast-changing environment
- Working knowledge of MacBook and Excel
- It would be a bonus if you had an understanding and working knowledge of the UK Tax regimes
- The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise, and a couple of face to face interviews online.
- We welcome candidates who wish to work in our London or Cardiff offices or someone who wishes to permanently work from home. At this point in time due to the impact of the coronavirus everyone works from home.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we’ll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.