Our Finance team is growing and we’re looking for a VP Finance to join the team. This role will lead several critical functions - financial reporting, accounts payable, tax, financial controls and drive the vision for our financial data and engineering teams
Combining the learning of some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world with your own unique approach, you will help build an elite world class Finance team that fosters our open, collaborative, and inclusive working environment, embraces change, and loves to continuously learn. You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Deputising for the CFO, acting as a key advisor for ExCo and a leader within this team and the business, and helping to prepare the business for IPO in the medium term. Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Board and Audit Committee as well as banks, auditors, regulators, advisors, and other key stakeholders
- Supporting the CFO in building out your areas of the Finance function, identifying the critical elements of the Finance blueprint and developing the overall target operating model for Finance including scaling key teams like Tax and Financial Control. Managing and developing the team is critical here.
- Leading the preparation of our annual report and accounts, monthly consolidated financial statements and our monthly board and investor reporting packs.
- Managing and delivering on our regulatory reporting commitments, including management of multiple banking licences across different jurisdictions and regulators
- Identifying and proactively resolving key accounting issues and identifying opportunities for Monzo, including continuous review of our accounting policies and their implementation
- Designing, building and implementing world class financial systems to support and automate our reporting and MI as we expand internationally and increase the complexity of the group
- Ensure robust technology driven linkages between our systems of record and our forecasting, facilitating real time automated updating of our forecasts and MI
You should apply if you have:
- An ACA/ACCA or CIMA Qualification (or equivalent)
- Past experience as a Financial Controller or Finance Director including people management, core technical accounting (under IFRS), and commercially focused budget management
- Experience of managing reporting across multiple geographies and building and crucially integrating systems to support international expansion required
- Experience in establishing new processes and procedures in very short timeframes and clear track record of simplifying existing processes whilst enhancing control and experience with multiple financial accounting systems and rapid iteration/agile working
- Great skills managing and engaging stakeholders, presenting to a variety of audiences and managing external relationships
- Excellent coaching skills with the ability to provide empathy and guidance to the other members of the finance team and ensuring their continuing development
- Excitement for working rapidly-changing environment and building new things
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role will be based in our London office (remote until office re-opens) with flexibility to work remotely as needed
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- The application process consists of a 30min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with the hiring manager and 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.