Monzo is the fastest growing bank in the UK and we’ve only just begun.
We are looking for people to help us scale and expand. Our small and high impact Special Projects Team works across the company. We identify and assess new opportunities, work with new and potential investors, and support our executive, product and operations teams with commercial nous and analytical thinking. We do what it takes to help Monzo grow.
To succeed, you should be excited about scaling a business, navigating the regulatory landscape, using data to shape your thinking and collaborating with partners and colleagues to build something bigger than yourself. We’d want you to apply if you are underwhelmed by the status quo of banking and finance today and are interested in bringing your brainpower, commercial and quantitative skills and grit to creating something better.
You should be someone who is comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career. You can expect that you will come to work on a wide range of projects. This might mean that you move projects every three to six months or take a senior role in a part of Monzo that you care about. There is no shortage of things to do as Monzo grows. Previous team members have gone on to take senior roles in our Partnerships, Finance, Product, Operations and US teams.
You should apply if
- You thrive in ambiguity, ask incisive questions and take a structured approach to problem-solving
- You are numerate and logic oriented: you can write a SQL query to help you solve problems and think in code when working with engineers
- You are in your element understanding and solving complex problems, whether it is based on regulation, legal documents, business processes, user needs, technology or even payment systems
- You’ve led projects from beginning to end
- You are commercially minded
- You are comfortable working together with senior management
- You are humble but excited by what we’re doing at Monzo
The following would be a bonus:
- Experience working in a high growth company, particularly in financial services, banking or another heavily regulated industry.
- Specific expertise in the financial landscape of the US, Europe and/or the UK banking market.
This role can be based in our London office.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2-3 on-site interviews remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.