We're looking for a data driven Service Manager, with project management skills who puts the customer at the heart of every decision they make.
The role will include organising a large group of people in a calm and effective way, ensuring all of our complaints are handled well within our regulatory requirements. We’re currently setting industry leading standards in the handling of complaints and we require someone who’s ready to take the performance of this team to the next level.
As Monzo grows, so will our complaints function - you'll need to help develop processes that are scalable, while remaining customer-centric and compliant.
- Own our entire complaints service function; ensuring we have the right people placed at the right time to respond to complaints within an industry leading timeframe. This involves:
- Working closely with all teams within our Workforce Management function (forecasting, scheduling and near term activity)
- Developing hiring plans and planning training cohorts (working closely with COps management to understand current skills and readiness of team) to ensure we have a sufficient team to handle the work we receive
- Working with Workforce Management to ensure our Complaints schedule is well optimised and suitable for current priorities through weekly reviews
- Making informed prioritisation decisions to ensure we stay on top of the riskiest and most impactful work we do
- Producing service updates for a number of senior stakeholders including reporting on SLA adherence
- Investigating and resolving operational challenges which arise
- Identifying processes which aren't scaling efficiently and working to improve how these are handled.
- Develop processes that are efficient and scalable.
- Own and deliver projects to improve complaints management on time and within budget. Manage project scope effectively and manage change accordingly. Ensure effective transition from projects to production. Achieve objectives within deadlines and budgets.
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure proactive complaint management/mitigation.
- Generate ideas on how to strengthen our customer first culture and ensure we're putting customer experience at the heart of everything we do across the whole company.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following.
- External: You're an experienced Service Manager in Complaints or a regulated operational team
- Internal: You're at least a Level 2B with a sound knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to identify risks and prevent, manage and/or escalate as appropriate
- Ability to use insights from data to identify corrective actions and drive improvements
- Project management skills - ability to manage project scope and change effectively
- Highly organised and knows how to prioritise tasks to effortlessly switch between all the tasks you have to do.
- You’re as comfortable working 1:1 as you are communicating with large groups
- You’re very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them.
- What we are doing at Monzo excites you!
- Comfortable with data and preferably has basic SQL, G Suite API knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of implementing FCA principles & Treating Customers Fairly
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills. Ability to challenge others, as well as having exposure to senior management
Our vision of ‘making money work for everyone’ is dependent on every Monzonaut committing to putting customers first. We're also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where everyone can be themselves and succeed. So if this sounds like a culture that you'd like to be a part of then be assured that we'll welcome your application.