Our Finance team is growing and we’re looking for a talented new member to build our investor relations and corporate development capability. The role will manage Monzo’s investment relationships and provide leadership in evaluating and executing new investment opportunities, acquisitions, mergers, etc. The successful candidate will be a key partner to our executive team.
- Represent Monzo as a spokesperson to the investment community with a focus on educating current and prospective shareholders about the Company’s strategy, performance and market opportunity.
- Support Monzo’s strategy and capital needs through identification, assessment and execution of external investment and corporate development opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior leaders around the company to think about corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic and routine fashion.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the transactions to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with forward-looking business plans and are integrated smoothly and fully optimised.
- Assess the mix of the investor base and create a plan to target long-term investors that are a good strategic fit for Monzo.
You should apply if:
- You have significant professional experience in one (or more) of the following areas: investment/hedge fund sales, equity capital markets or M&A at an investment bank or large global corporation, family offices, venture capital or growth equity.
- You have experience working with major investors across the world.
- You have the ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
- You have great relationship-building skills.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have great presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
- You are knowledgable and interested about the tech & banking industries.
- You are able to be a self starter and not above any level of work required to get the job done.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed 2-3 on-video interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.