At Monzo, our Financial Crime Customer Operations team help to ensure we're keeping our customers' money safe and stopping criminals using our systems to commit financial crime. We're looking for a data driven Service Manager, with Financial Crime (FinCrime) expertise to lead on ensuring we are able to deliver the operational work needed to support this mission.
The FinCrime Service manager will be responsible for ensuring all FinCrime work which scales with our customer base (across work we do to fight crime, to support law enforcement and regulators, and resolving disputes) is handled well within our regulatory requirements, as well as our internal standards, so our controls have minimum impact on our customers. This means organising our team of 200+ FinCrime Customer Operations staff (we call them FinCrime COps) as effectively as possible, calmly managing daily challenges that arise and helping to produce hiring plans.
Your role will include:
- Owning our FinCrime service function; ensuring we have the right people placed on the right work at the right time to ensure we’re effectively meeting our service level agreements across Retail and Business Banking. This involves:
- Working closely with all teams within our Workforce Management function (forecasting, scheduling and near term activity)
- Developing hiring plans and planning training cohorts (working closely with COps management to understand current skills and readiness of team) to ensure we have a sufficient team to handle the work we receive
- Working with Workforce Management to ensure our FinCrime schedule is well optimised and suitable for current priorities through weekly reviews
- Making informed prioritisation decisions to ensure we stay on top of the riskiest and most impactful work we do
- Producing service updates for a number of senior stakeholders including reporting on SLA adherence across many different workflows
- Investigating and resolving operational challenges which arise
- Recommending changes to Monzo service levels
- Identifying processes which aren't scaling efficiently and working with FinCrime Ops and Product teams to improve how these are handled
- This role will cover retail and business banking FinCrime service, as well as fraud disputes.
You should apply if:
- You're experienced working in a regulated operational team
- You’re as comfortable working 1:1 as you are communicating with large groups
- You’re very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
- You're highly analytical and use data to effectively drive decisions
- You’re highly organised and a proven multitasker and effortlessly switch between all the tasks you have to do
- What we are doing at Monzo excites you!