We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to grow and develop our engineering talent and build inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary teams. We’re particularly looking for people who would love to work with our Business Banking team.
Engineers work in interdisciplinary teams arranged around a mission, with clear responsibilities and objectives, and the right people in the team to independently ship from their own roadmap.
Your focus will be on helping each of them with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. You will also be helping teams in your area to become high-performing. You will also help drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams, such as a testing, accessibility or performance.
You’ll spend your time:
- supporting, coaching and developing 8-12 high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with team leads
- working within a interdisciplinary squad with a product manager and tech lead to ensure a high-performing team that consistently and iteratively delivers high-impact, high-quality work
- contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire
- partnering with senior engineers in your area to drive technical initiatives that raise the bar for our engineering practices
You should apply if:
- you have experience managing the performance and development of 8+ high-performing engineers, including seniors and tech leads
- you know what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and know how to get there
- you have previously worked as a software engineer at a senior level
- you have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- you care deeply about helping others achieve their goals and become the best engineers they can be
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions about the role or team, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
We're very open about what we do in general, so our blog is a good place to learn more.
The interview process consists of a 30 min recruiter call, 45-60 minute video call, followed by 3 hours of technical, management and leadership interviews over video call. Sometimes, we arrange a follow-up interview to discuss the feedback before making a final decision.
We encourage an open and transparent working environment. You can contribute ideas to and ask questions of any aspect of the business you are interested in and, following Stripe’s example, all emails in the company are visible in an email archive. We regularly run hackathons in which people build things on our third party API and we contribute to open source software as much as possible. We’ve also made our product roadmap public and give sneak peeks of features in our community forum.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
We offer competitive salaries based on skills and experience, which could be anywhere between £90,000 - £115,000 per year.