We are looking for a Head of Prudential Risk to join Monzo’s Risk Leadership Team. The successful candidate will lead, guide, and review and challenge financial risk management at Monzo, and participate in the production of key regulatory submissions and processes.
The Head of Prudential Risk reports to the Chief Risk Officer, playing a critical role in Monzo’s overall effective and prudent risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning Monzo’s Financial Risk Management Framework, both strategic design and implementation and delivery for the second line.
- Day-to-day second line responsibility for overseeing financial risks; and reviewing and maintaining appropriate Risk Appetite for capital risk, liquidity risk, funding risk and market risk
- Leading ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP processes and submissions. Ensuring the quality of these submissions to the expected standards and work to embed these processes into Monzo's risk-based decision-making.
- Developing Monzo’s stress testing framework and capabilities across financial risk types
- Representing the function in internal Committees and act as a reference internally for prudential risk matters, including emerging prudential regulations and impact on Monzo
- Building and leading a high calibre prudential team
You should apply if you have:
- 10 years experience in financial services, ideally within a Treasury or Prudential risk function of a bank, or relevant regulatory authority
- Specialist knowledge across financial risk types that financial institutions face, capital and liquidity risks in particular
- Extensive knowledge of the PRA regulatory framework, relevant prudential regulatory requirements and experience in engaging with regulators
- Strong verbal and communication skills, in particular an ability to explain complex topics clearly and simply.
- Previous experience with management and positively developing people
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London office (remote for now) or be remote in the UK with travel to London
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.