We are looking for a hands-on and experienced press expert to cover for our Head of PR while she’s on parental leave in. Ideally, you’ll be able to commit to a six month fixed-term contract with a view to extending that if need be. Ideal start date - Mid-April/Early May
We have more than 3.5m customers in the UK, with roughly 40,000 new people joining every month. Like everything we do, we see our approach to PR as an expression of our values and our brand. We strive to be direct and transparent, all while telling compelling stories about Monzo and showing the work we do at its best
You’ll be hands-on in the day-to-day
As the key point of contact for media in the UK, you’ll own relationships with key journalists, work with our product teams to define messaging for key features and write press releases to support feature launches. The team currently consists of one other PR manager and we’re in the process of hiring a second. You’ll report directly to the Head of Marketing.
You should apply if:
- You have experience leading a PR function in a fast-moving environment
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You understand how to manage and develop high-performing teams
- You get Monzo’s brand and understand that we’re not about shotgun press releases or quick growth hacks
- You can explain the importance of PR – backed up by data and metrics – at the highest level of the company
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we’ll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.