We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our Customer Operations (COps) team at Monzo. You’ll provide excellent customer service to all of our customers and help make money work for everyone.
Monzo is one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and we're looking to grow our US based Customer Ops team 🎉 this role is a full time position and is based remotely so you'll be working from your own home in Arizona.
More about Monzo...
Monzo is a bank that makes life easier, not harder. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money.
With 55,000 people opening a bank account with us every week, we’re the fastest growing bank in the UK. In June this year we were valued at £2bn and we have 1,300+ team members to help us achieve our mission of making money work for everyone.
Plus, we're launching in the US! 🚀
Please dig around on our website. It will help you understand who we are 😊
What we’re looking for...
In this role you'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! We want to delight our customers and make banking better by solving customers’ problems quickly, treating them fairly and being totally transparent 💪
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
- Talking directly and honestly with our customers.
- Communicating with our customers through our in-app chat feature but also through calls and emails.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, so we can improve our tools and products to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and helping customers switch to Monzo.
- Supporting others in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in various other areas of our COps team. This could include; helping out on social media, spending time with our financial crime specialists, becoming a team leader, specialising in vulnerable customers, and more.
The details 🔎
- Salary - $33,000
- Location - working from home (in Arizona)
- Contract - full time, 5 days per week
- Vacation - 32 days per year
- Healthcare - 100% contribution to a medical, dental and vision package. 70% contribution to cover medical, dental and vision costs for your dependents and partners.
Shift requirements ☀️
You’ll be working 9 hour shifts (including a 1 hour lunch break). Shifts vary from Monday-Sunday, 7am-11pm (during daylight saving months) and 6am-10pm (the rest of the year), depending on demand.
You’re guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
Your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis but you’ll always have your schedule 6 weeks in advance so you can plan ahead. Shifts vary between 06:00 -15:00, 07:00 - 16:00, 08:00 - 17:00, 09:00 - 18:00, 10:00 - 19:00, 11:00 - 20:00, 12:00 - 21:00, 13:00 - 22:00, 14:00 - 23:00 depending on demand. Read more about the ins and outs of our shift pattern here.
✅ You should apply if you:
- Care deeply about delighting our customers
- Are great at explaining complicated things to people in a simple way
- Have flawless written English
- Delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- Are friendly and super organised
- Want to be part of the team that makes banking easier for everyone!
- Technology interests you, you’re comfortable using a laptop and you’re familiar with how apps work
- Haven't applied and been unsuccessful within the last 6 months
- Are available to work the varying shift pattern explained above
- Have the right to work in the US
- Are based in Nevada or Arizona
- Are over 18 years old
🏡 To work remotely you'll also need…
To work from your own home in a safe, private and distraction free environment and have a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 3 mbps).
Over 400 of our COps work from home and we’re really excited to be growing our remote team even more!
- We'll provide you with a work laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
The application process 🤝
- 🕑Please allow 1-2 hours to complete this application.
- ⭐️TOP TIP! What are we looking for your application?
- A high level of attention-to-detail in your written communication, which is important in the COps role.
- Specific, tangible examples which cover the topic in the 'tell us about a time when...' questions.
- Analytical problem solving skills to help get the customer to a logical solution in the scenario based questions, whilst being customer centric and empathetic.
- 👀 Once you've submitted your application questions, we'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead).
- 🎉 If you're successful, we’ll invite you to an assessment day in Phoenix, AZ. At the assessment day you’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates.
- If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone! 🚀
You'll spend 5 days per week for your first three to four weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00. The first two weeks will be in out Las Vegas office and then you'll spend the remainder of this time training remotely in your usual working location.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog. If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.