At Monzo, our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need. Monzo better resembles a fast-paced tech startup than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
The People team at Monzo is responsible for making sure our employees are empowered to do the best work of their lives. In this role, you will be the first person to focus specifically on employee tax and mobility for the company. You'll work to build out the mobility processes, policies and best practices for both new and existing employees. You will also focus on aligning our employee tax and corporate tax strategy, work with external vendors and work highly cross-functionally within the People organisation as well as with Tax, Finance and Legal teams. This role will report to the VP of Reward.
- Manage relationship with external immigration firm, including determining our best external partner
- Work closely with the rest of the Reward squad (particularly payroll) ensuring that all employment tax issues are effectively managed and optimised, e.g. PAYE settlement and tax approach for international assignees
- Partner with the broader Monzo tax squad to ensure employment taxes align with the overall approach to tax across the organisation
- Determine the right level of third party external employment tax support that is required, and manage any vendors effectively
- Responsible for current and newly hired employee immigration questions and process end-to-end, working closely with Reward, People, Legal and Hiring. Build a seamless process for all employees who have visa needs so we are always compliant and safe.
- Responsible for designing and building a comprehensive relocation process
- Experience in project or programme management, ideally having built programmes from scratch
- Knowledge of employment tax issues in EMEA and US
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors or in a client-facing role
- Knowledge of UK immigration laws and practices
- Ability to work well in ambiguous environments and with many different stakeholders
Our interview process consists of two telephone interviews, and a half-day on-site interview. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog. If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.