We’re looking for an experienced marketer to take ownership of the go-to-market strategy and ongoing marketing for our Business Accounts. You’ll be embedded within our cross-functional Business Banking team and use your subject-matter expertise and knowledge to help us achieve our business objectives.
Monzo is an exciting combination of a bank and tech start-up, started from scratch in February 2015 to build a bank that makes money work for everyone. We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
Our Business Accounts had a soft launch in 2019. Now, we’re looking for an experienced marketer to help us reach our goal of making money work for businesses across the UK. With your own unique approach, understanding of the market, and user insight, you’ll help us build Business Accounts the Monzo way -- making banking smarter, and simpler for businesses.
You will help build an elite world class team that fosters our open, collaborative, and inclusive working environment which embraces change and loves to continuously learn.You will enable Monzo to scale into a world-class, diverse and passionate group of people capable of effecting change across the globe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Boosting Monzo’s understanding of our competitive landscape, commercial environment, and our users’ needs in Business Banking. You’ll turn insight into positioning and effective creative
- Leading on go-to-market planning, defining our messaging and strategy, and launching features with a bang and driving sustained adoption over time, collaborating with performance marketing, PR, Product, and other teams needed to achieve your aims
- Testing and scaling acquisition tactics across owned channels (in-app functionality, notifications, and email)
- Generating content to drive awareness of our Business Accounts
- Assessing and amending user journeys to ensure smooth feature discovery and conversion
- Assess affiliate marketing and partnership opportunities; decide which are best for us to pursue, and execute
- Determining success metrics for launch and for ongoing adoption, and reporting back to the team. Every decision you make is backed up with research or data
You should apply if:
- You have experience in marketing for B2B products (bonus points if you were serving Small and Medium Businesses).
- You’ve been responsible for significant growth or product marketing wins at a fast-growing company before
- You’re comfortable identifying key metrics, working with data analysts, and using data to talk about the outcomes of your marketing strategies
- You understand how consumer and SME facing products are built and are comfortable working with a technical team
- You’re creative. You can write copy that is precise, persuasive and beautifully reflects our Tone of Voice
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We're offering a salary of £55,000-£75,000+ + stock options depending on experience.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.