We're looking for a curious, adaptable Senior Data Scientist to join our data & operations team at Monzo!
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over 3.5 million customers in the UK, with over 250,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Data discipline's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data analysts the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses. Feel free to read more about our setup here.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers to create a better customer experience for anyone using Monzo
- Guide and enable teams to further understand where our customer experience delights or falls short and how this can feed into product strategy and uncover other areas for improvement
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant insights
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You're impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the company, product and user!
- You're commercially minded and can put numbers into business perspective
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically
- You have a self-starter mindset; you proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You're a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
- You have solid grounding in SQL and preferably Python
Nice to haves:
- You have multiple years of analytics experience, preferably in a fast moving tech company
- You have exposure to working with complaints data
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
Our interview process is normally a phone interview, a take home task and call to discuss it, and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)