Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
At Monzo, we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our Fincrime analysts. Where we can, we operate cross-functional squads where each analyst is embedded into a specialised Fincrime team focused on a specific product or area. You’ll be focused on building out an effective discipline but should also be prepared to roll up your sleeves and assist where needed.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Grow and develop a discipline of Fincrime analysts who are embedded into various cross functional squads within Fincrime
- Oversee the quality of the analysts' work, ensure they are adopting best practices and sharing knowledge effectively
- Provide input and expertise to other Fincrime areas
You should apply if:
- You have significant people management experience
- You love coaching and helping your team learn and grow
- You have experience working in financial crime, risk or finance
- You’re comfortable working with data and using it to come up with recommendations
- You’re self-motivated, highly organised and focussed on impact
- You’re a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity
- You have a proactive nature and can flex as needed
- You can provide effective challenge while building strong, respectful relationships
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in managing or working closely with operational teams
- You have project management experience
- You have experience working in fintech or at a startup
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog. If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.