We’re looking for an expert in financial crime with extensive knowledge of business banking to join our fast-growing Fincrime team here in London. You’ll play a key role in fighting fincrime and make a big contribution to how Monzo approaches business banking in the UK. You’ll need to be a dab-hand at managing fincrime risks and working across teams to get things done, but you’ll need to be ready to get hands-on too.
You should know that we fight financial crime a little differently at Monzo. You’ll work in a team with dedicated financial crime engineers and data scientists, which helps us to spot, assess and prevent crime quickly. We choose not to split out different areas of crime, either. Instead we tackle all financial crime together as one team. That includes AML, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion. You’ll also work very closely with the team building our business banking offering, focused on small and medium sized enterprises here in the UK.
- assess fincrime risks for business banking, working out the best way to manage those and maintaining our business banking risk assessment
- drive the implementation and formulation of the strategy for managing financial crime risk in business banking
- review and approve our operational procedures and training for our Customer Operations Fincrime Specialists
- help our Customer Operations Fincrime Specialists with any escalated queries relating to business banking
- provide first line oversight to day to day fincrime operations, ensuring that quality and performance indicators are within appetite and ensuring appropriate actions are being taken where they’re not
- do any ad hoc project work such as supporting supplier selection processes, performing data analysis, or engaging with other banks
- work with engineers to automate as much as possible and find efficiencies in all operational work
You should apply if:
- you understand the financial crime risks associated with business banking, specifically for small and medium size enterprises
- you appreciate the challenges relating to customer due diligence on business banking customers
- you’re clear and accurate when explaining complex regulation and fincrime concepts
- you’re into using automated processes to find more efficient ways of working
- you’re keen to get stuck in and make things happen, without waiting for someone else or always needing to delegate
- you’re happy working with a diverse group of stakeholders, and people across business, operations and technology disciplines
- you care about people and want to ensure that customers get the best experience possible
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.