We are looking for someone who has a penchant for policies and procedures to help us build out our risk and control approach in Financial Crime.
This is a new opportunity to collaborate with Monzo’s Financial Crime (FinCrime) and Compliance Leadership teams to create a policy and procedure management framework to ensure consistent implementation of Monzo’s FinCrime controls.
At Monzo, we really care about providing a delightful experience for our customers, and we want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things. But, we need to make sure we are compliant in fighting financial crime while delivering the best outcomes for our customers. As we continue our phenomenal growth, we need to enhance our approach to risk and controls. We’re looking for someone with experience (not specifically in FinCrime) with policies and procedures, preferably in another financial institution or project management environment who also understands fintech to significantly shape this approach.
You’ll spend your time:
- Creating comprehensive FinCrime policy, risk appetite and procedure documentation
- Collaborating with the Compliance, Operations and FinCrime Product teams (Current Accounts, Business Banking, US) to standardise processes on policy and procedure management
- Implementing a regular cycle of maintenance for documentation changes
- Providing regular updates to stakeholders so they are informed of key procedural changes
- Project managing internal and external audits for the FinCrime team
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience in creating standardised process documentation and embedding as Business As Usual (BAU)
- You have a track record of project management demonstrating your strong decision making skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines simultaneously
- You are passionate about Monzo and putting customers first
- You enjoy working efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- You're great at explaining processes to people, and have flawless written English
This is a full-time role based in our London office.
The application process consists of filling out these application questions (please take your time as we read these carefully!) and, if you are successful at this stage, we will arrange a short call with you. Following this, we will invite you in for an on-site interview at our London Office 🙌