In the last year we've grown our team from around 500 to 1,500 people and so office space has become an exciting challenge for us. In January 2019, we founded the Space team who's mission is to set up and maintain a safe, cost efficient and productive environment for our Monzonauts. In just one year, the team has grown to six and we've successfully opened multiple buildings around the world. We now need someone to take this to the next level.
Our Space team is made up of Space Managers and Space Launchers who continuously strive to create a space that reflects our values, keeps everyone safe and supports our exciting growth. We consciously decided to not just have a 'buildings' team focused on only cost and facilities, as we see the importance of space being intrinsically linked to our people strategy and culture.
We're close to moving into our new 120,000 Sqft London headquarters, we have an office move in Las Vegas on the horizon and have nearly filled our 21,000 Sqft Cardiff site that opened in April. It's an incredibly exciting time for someone to join who has a passion for property strategy, a people first approach to leadership and takes pride in the spaces they create.
The decisions you make in this role and the team you build, will shape the future of Monzo. By adding space, you enable our wonderful customers to be served and our incredibly talented team to have the best environment to do the best work of their lives. In this role you'll work with a variety of teams across the company from legal, risk, finance, techops, hiring and people, but most importantly your customers will be our incredible Monzonauts.
What will I be doing?
- You'll design Monzo's property strategy by making commercial lease decisions, setting the roadmap for how our people should be distributed across the world and building a plan that is flexible enough for our growth whilst being cost efficient
- You'll support and continue to build a team of brilliant Space Managers, Space Launchers and our Front of House, making sure they have the support, development and autonomy to do the most impactful work
- You will own our business continuity plans, health & safety policies and disaster plans across all of our sites
- You'll support all building openings to make sure the team is supported, starting with our move in April to 120,000 SqFt and you'll bring your past experience to the party!
- Our growth has been exponential and so we've made sure our lease lengths aren't long - this is where you come in. We'll need you to negotiate leases, licenses and manage deal negotiations as required moving forward.
- You'll be accountable for one of the biggest management accounts at Monzo and so understanding your spends and future forecasting will be key
- You'll work closely with our Physical Security teams to make sure everyone who enjoys our building is safe and our data is secure
What experience and behaviours do I need?
- You've been responsible for multiple buildings at a fast growing company
- You're up to date with how office space is changing and are curious about how technology can help with space utilisation
- You have experience negotiating leases, licenses with legal partners and are confident making commercial property decisions
- You're comfortable reporting on spending, owning budgets and getting buy in from our executives
- You're a natural leader who can support a team globally to do the best work of their lives
- You're in your element opening new buildings, thinking about fit out design, dilapidations, contract negotiations and all that good stuff!
- You care about the environment and make sure our buildings reflect this
- You're passionate about taking people through the journey of an office move, listening to their feedback and creating a space that reflects a companies culture
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London or Cardiff.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, plus stock options and other benefits.
Your answers to the application questions below are really important to us, so please take your time on these.