We’re looking for someone enthusiastic to support our Accounts Payable (AP) & Accounts Receivable (AR) operations in Cardiff and help us build an amazing finance function.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and expect you to take ownership. We’re focused on our end goal of making money work for everyone. Today we have 800+ staff, over a million amazing customers and a UK banking licence. We’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing. Fast. One of our (many) next key missions is to evolve what we’ve built so far into a profitable, sustainable business.
The AP and AR function is currently outsourced. Following the successful migration of our cloud-based accounting system to Netsuite, and the recent hire of an Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager in London, we are looking to bring the function in-house and build the tools to support the continued expansion of the company. We are constantly taking on new suppliers and processing ever-increasing expenses. You will have an opportunity to join a brand new team of Accounts Payable specialists in Cardiff and work together with our London team and engineers to streamline all manual processes. This may include travelling to the London Office as and when required.
Everyday you’ll be:
- Processing multi-currency invoices for multiple Monzo subsidiaries
- Preparing weekly payment runs, making sure invoices have been authorised and paid on time
- Monitoring email and Slack channels and responding to supplier and colleague queries
- Reconciling supplier statements, ensuring that all due invoices have been recorded on the system and are ready to be paid
- Double-checking employee expenses and approving them for payment
- Maintaining the data integrity in Netsuite, from suppliers records to control checks
- Raising invoices and reconciling Accounts Receivable ledger
- Helping to resolve teams inquiries, and pick up ad-hoc tasks as they come in (e.g reports on spend for particular suppliers etc.)
- Supporting the team in the automation of processes
You should apply if:
- Ideally you have some relevant experience in Accounts Payable & Receivable functions
- You can adapt to new systems easily (bonus points for experience with Netsuite and G-suite functionality)
- You love the challenge of learning new things and getting stuck in
- You have a great eye for detail and delight in investigating and solving issues for people
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- You’re a self-starter and are hands-on
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The interview process 🤝
- Your answers to the application questions below are really important to us, so please take your time on these.
- We'll review all applicants w/c 22nd November 2019 so best to get your application before then to avoid missing out
- The first stage will be a 15min call with the Hiring team
- If you're successful, we’ll send you a take-home task, and if you ace that we’ll invite you in for an onsite-interview in our Cardiff office 🚀
- Potential onsite interview dates:
- Monday 9th December 2019
- Tuesday 10th December 2019
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.