At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We’re growing extremely quickly, with over 3 million customers in the UK. We’re looking for a pragmatic, collaborative and ambitious Senior Credit Risk Manager to join our second line of defence Risk team to ensure that Monzo can stay in control while we grow.
Your role will focus on helping us understand and manage credit risk arising from all our current and new activities and products. This will include how we develop new products in lending, IFRS 9 provisioning, model management and monitoring.
You’ll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team which is delivering effective risk management at Monzo, and you will work closely with other risk professionals and teams across the bank, in Lending and etc. We’re looking for someone with solid knowledge of the credit risks that a bank is exposed to, and who cares deeply about our business and customers.
You’ll spend your time:
- Helping to implement Monzo’s credit risk management framework such as reviewing credit risk appetite, IFRS 9 provisioning adequacy and credit risk models; policies and controls.
- Developing stress testing framework as well as undertaking key tasks in credit risk management on a day to day basis
- Supporting our new risk leadership team and contributing to key high-impact projects.
- Analysing new lending products and understanding how they fit and are covered in our general credit risk framework
- Supporting management routines such as executive-level Risk Council and Board-level Risk Committee.
- Building effective relationships internally to support risk assessments and to embed good control practices in the first line
- Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice in clear easy to understand language
You should apply if you:
- Have significant credit risk management experience in the second line at a retail bank
- Have strong knowledge of industry practices for overdrafts and other short-term lending products
- Can provide effective challenge while building strong, respectful relationships
- Are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail
- Are great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
- Are comfortable working in a fast paced environment where the day to day job differs
- Are passionate about innovation, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
These are not essential but we’d love if you:
- Are familiar with the FCA’s consumer credit sourcebook (CONC)
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by an initial call with the hiring manager, then an on-site interview at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).