We're looking for an ambitious and talented TechOps Generalist to join the team based in our Cardiff office. Our mission is to give all Monzonauts (our incredible employees!) the tools they need to do the best work of their lives in a safe, efficient and compliant manner. When things do go wrong or they need a helping hand, we deliver world class support, with a smile.
We embrace technology at every opportunity to solve real world problems throughout the business. We make it our priority to help solve people's problems and look for patterns, themes and opportunities in every day support to come up with solutions to the root cause. We have integrated full stack engineers into the team to build tooling, applications and automate as much as possible across the business.
Over the past two years we've grown from a single person in an office of 200 people to an eight person team made up of two squads across three countries supporting over 1300 staff with their technology and problems. We pride ourselves on being very efficient and having deep people-support values in our hearts.
If successful, you'll be joining one other TechOps Generalist in our Cardiff office which has gone through incredible growth over the past six months. Roughly 50% of your time will be spent supporting our Monzonauts with everyday technology issues while the other 50% will be dedicated to more strategic high level and project work. An example could be helping plan an office move, or rolling out an automated equipment ordering process.
What you'll do everyday:
Delight our Monzonauts
- Make it your mission to give our people such an amazing service that they can't wait to come back to talk to us again
- Be hard on problems, not people - technology can be confusing, frustrating and annoying. We're here to guide, advise and come up with amazing solutions to problems using the technology that we know.
- Spin those plates - you'll have many, many plates spinning all at once. The ambiguity is part of the role and allows the whole team to have lots of context on lots of different things. We want every member of the team to be able to deal with any issue that comes up.
Be an essential part of a cross-functional, flat team
We believe sharing knowledge and giving feedback helps us work together and understand each other better. We work as a flat hierarchy, which means you’ll:
- Work closely with anyone and everyone at Monzo, and have input into many other teams and projects.
- Communicate with the team to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient.
- Spread your knowledge and mentor other generalists and engineers within the team.
At Monzo you will get to work with a lot of exciting new technology
We pick the right tools for the job, which means you'll get to work with a range of technologies, including:
- Almost 100% cloud infrastructure - including G Suite, Slack, GitHub, Meraki and many more.
- In-house purpose built tooling for staff onboarding, management and process improvement.
- Almost all of our fleet is MacOS. We take advantage of technologies such as Mobile Device Management, Device Enrollment Program, OSQuery and Google Santa to manage our fleet.
Be hard on problems, not people
You'll be thinking outside of the box to come up with solutions to people's problems using technology. We’re looking for people who:
- Have experience with technical support. We're after quality, not quantity!
- Are passionate about giving the best possible user experience to our Monzonauts.
- Love identifying and solving complex problems that have a large impact and push you out of your comfort zone.
You should apply if:
- You have experience with some, or all of the following:
- Programming languages such as Python or Go
- A deep understanding of macOS and troubleshooting when things go wrong
- Knowledge and/or experience with API’s
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with huge amounts of ambiguity every day.
- You can commute into central Cardiff, this role is primarily based in our Cardiff office.
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
The interview process includes a video call with the TechOps team and a couple of onsite interviews in Cardiff.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 31st December.
Do you have questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)
Here is a link to an open office we hosted in March this year, it gives a bit of insight into some of the work we have been doing!
You can also check out our progression framework at progression.monzo.com/techops