We’re looking for a person to help us build out our risk management approach in our second line of defence and shape how we define, manage and report on risk across Monzo.
Monzo has been growing rapidly over the last year, and we are just starting!
We believe there’s a better way to do banking
We really care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers, and we want to be the best possible bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things.
We’re at the start of our journey to serve a billion customers
We’ve made some good progress so far! We now have more than 1200 staff, three million lovely customers and a full UK banking licence. We have a current account and overdraft, and lots more planned.
We need to carefully manage the risks we face
Like any other regulated bank, we need to make sure we’re compliant, but we want to do so whilst continuing with our agile “test and learn” approach. As we continue our phenomenal growth we need to strengthen our enterprise risk approach and build out the team. We’re looking for someone with enterprise risk experience who is also pragmatic and understands fintech.
You’ll spend your time:
The job will primarily help us to develop our approaches to risk and compliance management across Monzo. This will involve being a part of a squad delivering a programme of change and developing and implementing our revised Risk and Compliance operating model.
- Refining procedures for how we manage operational risk
- Developing new governance approaches for how we manage our risks
- Creating insightful reports for our executive teams on our risk exposures
- Developing approaches to ensure all Monzo staff understand their risk and compliance responsibilities
- Supporting the effective running of the programme to scale-up Monzo’s risk and compliance capabilities
- Making risk meaningful and interesting to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice whilst adapting the language you use to speak about risk so that it is easy for everyone to understand
You should apply if:
- You have experience of working on large scale risk and compliance change programmes in financial services
- You have a broad knowledge of risk and compliance approaches and enjoy making change happen
- You have strong relationship management skills and enjoy making a difference
- You are passionate about doing the right thing for our customers
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)