We’re looking for pragmatic, collaborative compliance adviser with deep knowledge of Consumer Credit Act and the relevant sections of the FCA Handbook (mortgages, conduct of business, systems and controls and complaints) and who is passionate about Monzo's mission to make money work for everyone.
At Monzo we do things differently: we truly care about providing a phenomenal experience for our customers. We believe there’s a better way to do banking, and we want to be the best possible (fully compliant!) bank without getting stuck in the old ways of doing things.
While we currently have around 3,000,000 customers, we’re dreaming of expanding around the world, so there are bigger challenges to come!
We operate a “three lines of defence” model of risk management at Monzo: you’ll be sitting in the second line as part of our Risk and Compliance in the Conduct and Advisory Team.
You'll spend your time:
- Making sure our teams understand current and future regulatory requirements - both what they must do, and what is not actually required or useful
- Challenging our policies and procedures to ensure that we’re providing great customer outcomes and meeting regulatory requirements
- Horizon scanning and implementing regulatory changes
- Deep diving into key regulatory areas and providing advice and challenge to the first line
- Helping instil a proactive, positive culture towards regulation and legislation across the company, including through regulatory training
- Building controls and exploring new ways to streamline, automate and enhance Monzo’s approach to compliance
You should apply if:
- You have built significant experience in legal, compliance or a similar oversight function, particularly if dedicated to Lending/Financial Promotions
- You like to be where the action is and thrive in fast paced environments where you can take the lead and shape new products and initiatives by building strong, mutually respectful relationships
- You have in-depth industry knowledge and hands-on regulatory experience, such as a strong understanding of relevant kaws regulation regarding lending, marketing, distribution and complaints handling including the Consumer Credit Act, CONC sourcebook, Mortgage Regulation and UK Financial Promotions Regime
- You have a genuine interest in the purpose of risk management and/or compliance
- You’re excited about the future of banking and want to work with us to shape it
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)