We’re looking for a pragmatic, organised and personable Regulatory Affairs Manager to strengthen our growing Regulatory Affairs team.
The Regulatory Affairs team is the central team responsible for maintaining open and collaborative relationships with our regulators. As Regulatory Affairs Manager, you’ll support and strengthen Monzo’s regulatory relationships and help shape our vision and regulatory affairs strategy as Monzo continues to grow.
We are on a mission to Make Money Work for Everyone and we’ve grown to over 3 million customers. For Regulatory Affairs this means ensuring our regulators are kept informed, managing regulatory requests and educating colleagues on the regulatory landscape.
We operate a “three lines of defence” model of risk management at Monzo. You’ll be sitting in the second line as part of our Risk and Compliance team and will report to the Head of Regulatory Affairs.
You'll spend your time:
- Managing PRA and FCA meetings, reviews and requests working closely with senior management and stakeholders throughout the business to prepare and advise them on how best to meet regulatory expectations.
- Keeping our regulators up to date with proactive notifications on products and strategic initiatives, as well as leading on regulatory communications during an incident.
- Understanding regulator priorities and expectations on key topics, and support in the development of a training programme to deliver training across the business.
- Owning the coordination and tracking of regulatory deliverables, deadlines and activities ensuring stakeholders are held accountable.
- Taking responsibility for the preparation, submission and management of technically complex regulatory submissions.
- Working with subject matter experts in Risk and Compliance and across the business to coordinate and prepare for regulatory visits.
- Preparing data driven reports for the Chief Risk Officer that are clear, concise and informative.
- Building and enhancing our policies and procedures for engaging with regulators.
- Being a champion of risk and compliance and building respectful and collaborative relationships with all levels of stakeholders across the business.
You should apply if:
- You have proven experience in a regulatory affairs role at a regulated financial services firm; or at a financial services regulator
- Have knowledge of PRA and/or FCA handbooks and supervisory obligations
- A deep understanding of managing relations with important external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects to short deadlines
- A critical thinker and not afraid to challenge
- Self-motivated, highly organised and focused on executing well
- Enjoys collaborating as a team and is able to work independently with changing priorities
- Have a genuine interest in the regulated financial services environment and how it is changing
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.