We are looking for super passionate Senior Financial Crime specialists who have gained 4+ years experience doing fraud or money laundering investigations to join our dedicated team and help Monzo’s fight against financial crime.
This role is a senior role within our fin-crime customer operations team, so we are looking for experienced and confident subject matter experts. You will split your time between handling specific activities such as reviewing high value SARs, dealing with the most complicated transaction monitoring reviews, doing quality assurance and training and coaching more junior members of the team. You’ll also be the main point of escalation for complex queries.
At Monzo we choose not to split out different areas of crime. Instead we tackle all financial crime together as one team, including money laundering, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion. This means that you’ll get huge exposure to all types of financial crime activities and be trained to deal with all types of tasks.
You’ll spend your time:
- Investigating the most complex high risk account activity
- Reviewing high value SARs
- Dealing with escalations, such as complex transaction monitoring reviews and sanctions screens
- Dealing with sensitive law enforcement or regulatory requests
- Conducting quality assurance on work performed by others in the team
- Training and coaching more junior financial crime customer operations team on specific knowledge areas
- Testing policies/processes for new products/markets/operational workflows
You should apply if:
- You ideally have gained 4+ years of experience completing operational financial crime tasks, such as transaction monitoring reviews, writing SARs and/or completing sanctions reviews
- You have experience coaching more junior team members on how to complete financial crime tasks
- You have strong decision making and investigative skills
- You are passionate about Monzo and putting customers first whilst also fighting financial crime
- You enjoy working efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- You're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
Even better if:
- UK current accounts or business banking experience
This is a full-time role based in our Cardiff office or distributed (remote).
The application process consists of filling out these application questions (please take your time as we read these carefully!). You will then be sent through a take-home-task which you will have a week to complete.
If you are successful at this stage we will arrange a short call with you, following which we will invite you in for an on-site interview 🙌
You will need to be able to attend on-site interviews at our London office.