We're looking for a Product Data Science Technical Lead excited to help build the bank of the future. You'll have the opportunity to super charge our user growth in 2020 and help us to build a bank that customers truly love.
At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and a delight to use. We’re growing extremely fast and have over 3.5 million customers in the UK, with over 250,000 new people joining every month. We’ve built a product that people love and more than 80% of our growth comes from word of mouth and referrals.
Our Product Analytics team's mission is to
Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into product squads alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers etc.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Be a key leader in building a discipline of exceptional data scientists who are embedded into different product teams across all of Monzo
- Bring statistical rigour and be a technical role model for the Product Data Science team, shaping technical direction for not only your work but for the wider team
- Guide and enable multiple product teams, both directly and through your team, to use data to build better products, through high quality data insights and experimentation
- Drive together with the finance team a unified company-wide understanding of the lifetime value of our users and how different product features are impacting user profitability
- Have the opportunity to manage exceptional Data Scientists and help their career progression and development
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have multiple years of experience in data, working as a lead Analyst or Data Scientist
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so
- You have experience working together and collaborating with product managers and other business stakeholders
- You're familiar with using a variety of Data Science tools (from business intelligence, experimentation and causal inference through to machine learning), and coding languages (Python and SQL). You know when to pick the right tool, and can help others do the same
- You have people mentoring/developing experience in formal or informal capacity and you really enjoy that part of the job
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience of line managing Data Scientists
- Experience in working in either a product led, growth focused or tech organisation
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
We offer equity and competitive salaries based on skills and experience.
Our interview process is normally a phone interview with a recruiter, an initial call, a take home task, and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers)