We’re looking for a curious, adaptive and data-focused Regulatory Reporting Analyst with a strong attention to detail to join our Regulatory team at Monzo.
At Monzo, our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need. Our net promoter score is more than 2x that of other banks, and we are the fastest-growing bank in the UK. Monzo better resembles a fast-paced tech startup than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
That’s where you come in. You'll play a key role in helping us build an automated regulatory ecosystem that will scale with Monzo as we drive towards helping a billion customers around the world!
As our Regulatory Reporting Analyst, you’ll support our business growth by:
- Contributing to the production of Monzo’s entire suite of capital and liquidity regulatory reports and disclosures (Pillar 3).
- Contributing to the interpretation and application of regulation.
- Documenting regulatory interpretations and communication.
- Enhancing Monzo’s regulatory reporting validation and control framework.
- Creating regulatory metric dashboards using visualisation software.
- Providing regulatory input into new product launches.
- Contributing to the capital forecasting and stress testing process.
You’ll spend your time:
- Giving accurate reporting to regulators and Monzo management.
- Working with teams across Monzo to help them make informed business decisions.
- Making sure all of our regulatory reporting runs like clockwork, including using our data visualisation tool to build dashboards for live reporting.
- Supporting our rolling metric forecasts and scenario modelling.
- Designing brilliant ways to automate our work and using technology to make sure we scale with the business.
You should apply if:
- You’re a qualified accountant with experience working within financial services.
- You have previous knowledge of capital and liquidity reporting.
- You’re excited by data and have a sharp eye for detail.
- You have strong Excel skills (SQL knowledge would be a bonus!).
- You enjoy new and exciting challenges.
- You have a proven record of delivering to deadlines.
- You like to automate or enhance recurring processes, particularly by using technology, but know how to balance this with getting the actual reports out!
- You have an open mind, enjoy transparency and think outside the box.
- You’re hands-on and enjoy supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small.
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
This role is based at our office in London, where you’ll work alongside engineers, banking experts and customer support specialists to build the future of banking.
Our interview process consists of a 20-minute phone interview, a take-home test, and a half-day on-site interview. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.