Monzo is a bank that lives on your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need. Our net promoter score of +80 is more than 2x that of other banks, and we are the fastest-growing bank in the UK.
Monzo better resembles a fast-paced tech startup than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
We’re in the early stages of our US launch, and we’re looking for an exceptional Principal Product Manager to join us. We have big ambitions in the US and the team will grow very quickly, but we’re just getting started and you will be joining at a formative time. As our first US-based Product hire you will have a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the product and the team we hire.
Our mission is to “make money work for everyone”. This is our North Star. We understand that we can only build an inclusive bank for everyone with a truly diverse team. You can see our most recent updates from our internal survey here.
About the role
As a Principal Product Manager you will lead some of Monzo’s highest impact projects, be responsible for raising the bar and deliver projects that require complex stakeholder management.
You should apply if:
- You have shipped multiple complex and high impact products in a world-class, product-led company, working with cross-functional teams
- You have experience in online or mobile product management, partnering with engineers and designers, and leading product prioritisation and delivery of user-facing functionality
- You have high attention to detail and won’t compromise on precise and effective user-centric design to solve customer problems
- You are comfortable challenging (or being challenged) on a numerical basis to ensure all decisions are defensible
- You have a proven track record for leading through influence, guiding multiple teams with your product vision, and generating excitement for your work