Our Finance team is growing and we’re looking for a detailed, collaborative Business Partner to join the team. This team partners with different business groups at Monzo on core Finance areas to manage their forecasting, P&L management as well as helping the business make strategic financial decisions. They also partner with Finance specialists like in financial control and tax to ensure the business understands any impacts of their activities. From where to invest, understanding business performance and making decisions on growth, this team will partner at many different levels at Monzo.
You will drive initiatives including driving the business’ forecasts and annual planning cycle, designing analytical and financial frameworks to optimize decision-making, and providing our management team, Board, and employees with insights about our performance. You’re comfortable with both digging into details and thinking about the big picture.
How you’ll contribute:
- Act as the finance leader for the Monzo Collective (business area) and partner with the leadership team in those business areas.
- Leverage your financial expertise to drive commercial performance through accurate insights and advice.
- Align closely with central FP&A to design, maintain and evolve key financial models for your Collective, including leading the financial planning and forecasting cycles and setting KPI targets
- Assess revenue opportunity and investment costs for new products, or opportunities to scale cost base
- Use live dashboards and KPI reports to keep the leadership team updated on performance in real time
- Support decision-making across the organisation with ad-hoc analyses (e.g. customer modelling, cost optimization)
- Sync with all Finance areas to ensure you have a rounded understanding of the financial impacts the Collectives’ activities may have and understand their contribution to Monzo’s business overall.
You should apply if you:
- Have strong experience in strategic finance or as a finance business partner in a fintech or similar fast-growing company/industry
- Have experience building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Can demonstrate experience of driving commercial performance of a business
- Have a strong foundation in finance: forecasting, P&L management, analysis and strategic decision making.
- Love to build businesses cases, present and debate investment decisions and thoughtfully challenge business leaders
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small.
- Are biased to change and to solving real business problems
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).