At Monzo, we're building the best bank account in the world: fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. Monzo’s mission is to make money work for everyone, and this is especially important to us when our customers need help with their Monzo lending products, or may be struggling to repay what they’ve borrowed.
Monzo customers are already getting great outcomes from our existing lending products, but as we grow and diversify our products we’ll need to evolve our lending operations function into something capable of providing this exceptional service at scale.
We're looking for a Collections Process Manager to help us do this. You’ll be ensuring that as we scale, we are fully in control and can evidence that we’re providing our customers with an amazing service.
Your role will include:
- Helping to ensure all of our customers get a consistent service. You’ll do this across the whole of lending operations, which includes collections, recoveries, helping customers in financial difficulties, and other lending-related workstreams such as credit file disputes.
- Ensuring all processes are documented to a high standard and up to date, we’re testing they work as expected and we have sufficient oversight of how they’re performing (inc QA, MI).
- Creating and running the governance structures along with all members of the team to maintain a good oversight and understanding of our priorities.
- Proposing and seeking the support needed to improve and automate processes to minimise risk without degrading service/efficiency.
- Building out our controls, assessing their effectiveness and prioritising new controls.
- Working with data analysts and engineers to ensure we’re tracking the right things, and making progress.
- Calmly managing incidents: sometimes things might go wrong and you’ll organise and coordinate our response.
You should apply if:
- You have significant lending operations experience, particularly in collections.
- You don’t rely on top-down direction. You should have a track record of thinking from first principles, taking ownership and working autonomously.
- You’re as comfortable working one-on-one as you are communicating with large groups.
- You have a good understanding of UK laws and regulation around credit including CONC, CCA and SYSC.
- You’re very hands-on and tackle problems when you spot them.
- You're highly analytical and use data to effectively drive decisions.
- You’re highly organised and a proven multitasker and effortlessly switch between all the tasks on your plate.
- What we’re building at Monzo excites you!
Our vision of ‘making money work for everyone’ is dependent on the dedication of every Monzo employee to putting customers first. We're also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where everyone can be themselves and succeed. So, if this sounds like a culture that you'd like to be a part of then be assured that we'll welcome your application.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments, or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from under-represented demographics.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in Moorgate, London.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, plus stock options and other benefits.
Your answers to the application questions below are really important to us, so please take your time on these.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).