Monzo is a bank that lives in your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone. We're here to make our users effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
Our internal product team build the tools to help us reach a billion customers, with service so good you want to tell your friends about it. We recently launched our own customer support software, Monzo Chat, and are developing other custom tools to scale amazing customer support.
We’re looking for a Product Director to shape our internal product strategy and lead its implementation across autonomous software teams. We're growing fast, so there is plenty of room to innovate, influence across disciplines and help shape a critical part of our company operations.
We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Monzo. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
What you'll do:
- Be an integral part of the Customer Operations Collective senior leadership team, working with the Chief Operating Officer and other leaders to set and achieve company goals.
- Collaborate across disciplines to set and deliver a clear, cohesive product strategy and balance it with room to source and test exciting new opportunities
- Lead and coach Product Managers to run effective teams that rapidly ship valuable outcomes
- Support your teams to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course when needed
- Help your teams to set hypotheses, test riskiest assumptions and break down complex problems into small steps
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product groups and stakeholders
- Manage and develop the product managers in internal product, and make sure we hire and develop the team to meet future needs.
- Contribute to Monzo's product management community of practice: help us keep learning and adapting, and be the best place to be a Product Manager.
- You've led the successful delivery of major products in a rapid growth environment. Experience leading product teams focused on internal tools and users at scale is a plus.
- You've directly managed product managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You know when to employ different approaches to product management, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals. Customer Operations is leading the way at Monzo in the use of data science machine learning, so experience here is a plus.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities in complex systems.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ software products.