We're on a mission to make money work for everyone, and to do this we need to grow our amazing customer support team.
We’re looking for smart, people focused Team Leaders (internally known as Squad Captains) to lead our Customer Operations (COps) squads to continue delighting our customers.
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo: every person in this team not only cares about our customers’ problems, but is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, who are spread over different offices and time periods.
As a Squad Captain, you have two main focuses:
- Making sure our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are fixed quickly and completely: This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it's helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
- Helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and making sure everyone stays focused on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
- Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their personal, professional and performance goals
- Empowering others to spot opportunities to make a difference to customers and Monzo’s ways of working
- Helping your team with the most difficult queries and building their knowledge around complex issues
- Regularly reviewing the quality of your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally
- Motivating your squad – we're growing fast and need to make sure COps stay engaged during challenging periods of demand.
Your working life
The salary for this role is around £25k+ plus all Monzo team members also get share options as part of their package – read more about what this means here.
This is a remote (internally referred to as being distributed) role as you will be managing a distributed team, Monday to Friday, with some weekend work based on business need. Shifts will mainly be between 8am-8pm, on a rotational basis, and we’ll try to accommodate your other commitments.
To be a great squad captain, you'll need to know the ins and outs of the Customer Operations job. So you'll start off as a frontline support daytime COp making sure you’re fully trained (based on your individual needs). When you’re fully versed with all things COps you'll then start the Squad Captain role (roughly 3 months).
You should apply if:
- You are a UK resident (live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)
- You have the right to work in the UK
- You have an empathetic and developmental leadership style
- You have directly managed successful teams of 8-10 people and have helped them achieve their goals
- You have experience of motivating teams working on ongoing operational work
- You have worked in a customer-centric role
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
- You are familiar with distributed / remote working
The interview process
The interview process will be 30-minute phone call, a practical exercise, and two consecutive one-hour interviews (carried out remotely over hangout).
If successful, you'll join a growing team of customer operations specialists who, with the help of our exceptional engineers, designers, product people, and banking experts, are on a mission to change banking forever.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).