We’re looking for an experienced senior leader to manage, lead and inspire our Customer Operations (COps) team in Cardiff which will soon be 250+ strong. You’ll be responsible for providing vision and leadership for our teams with overall responsibility for supporting the team to continuously develop and perform at their best. You’ll make sure that the site runs smoothly and is a great environment for our teams.
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo
Every person in this team cares about our customers’ problems and is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, which are split between communication channels and time periods. Squads can specialise in social media responses, helping customers over the phone or responding via in-app chat. You’ll be able to help make sure customers have a great experience every time they contact us.
As the Head of Cardiff, you’ll provide support and leadership
You’ll directly manage a number of senior managers so they can meet their personal and professional development goals, actively helping them to identify and work on things which will help them to grow. You’ll organise people around you and take quick action when you see a problem coming - whether it’s not enough people covering the right types of queries, a training need, or something going wrong. You’ll listen to your people, guide them through hard times and celebrate their successes. You’ll have responsibility for some employee relations matters and work closely with your colleagues in other offices to make sure that we apply these policies fairly across all areas of COps.
Communication between offices is a key challenge
You’ll work directly with Head of Customer Operations and senior stakeholders within COps to share ideas and support each other. You’ll make sure communication between all areas is seamless, gathering feedback and sharing the same consistent message with all team members. Our current offices include London, Cardiff and Las Vegas.
Each day you’ll be:
- Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and keeping everyone focussed on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
- Helping our managers outperform in their roles by: having regular 1:1s; giving and receiving feedback about people, process and QA; coaching, mentoring, and developing high performing squads and leaders
- Running leadership group sessions, e.g. knowledge sharing
- Supporting the growth of your site and Monzo by contributing to hiring and helping us scale and grow
- Helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated COps that we hire
You should apply if:
- You have significant senior management experience, ideally in a customer-centric role
- You’ve led and scaled successful teams to achieve their goals and have an empathetic leadership style
- You’re as comfortable working 1:1 as you are communicating with large groups
- You empower your people to find solutions themselves
- You can motivate teams working on ongoing operational work
- You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
- What we are doing at Monzo excites you!
To be an effective Senior Leader you’ll need to know the ins and outs of the Customer Support job.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London or Cardiff.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, plus stock options and other benefits.
Your answers to the application questions below are really important to us, so please take your time on these.