We're looking for smart, people-focused Customer Service Managers (internally known as Squad Captains) to lead our Customer Operations (COps) squads to continue delighting our customers. This is our first office outside of the UK, and you’ll be vital in ensuring we’re able to serve our one million customers 🙌
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. We are always here to help as every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through our app 🚀
You’ll be at the heart of Monzo
Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo: every person in this team not only cares about our customers’ problems, but is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, who are spread over different offices and time periods.
As a Squad Captain, you have two main focuses:
- Making sure our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are fixed quickly and completely: This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it's helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
- Helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and making sure everyone stays focused on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
- Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their personal, professional and performance goals
- Empowering others to spot opportunities to make a difference to customers and Monzo’s ways of working
- Helping your team with the most difficult queries and building their knowledge around complex issues
- Regularly reviewing the quality of your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally
- Motivating your squad – we're growing fast and need to make sure COps stay engaged during challenging periods of demand.
To be a great squad captain, you'll need to know the ins and outs of the COps job. So you'll start off as a frontline Customer Service Representative to make sure you’re fully trained. When you’re fully versed with all things COps (which on average takes 3 months) you'll then start the Squad Captain role.
The role is available on a full-time basis and you’ll be working from our office in Las Vegas.
You should apply if:
- you've ideally directly line-managed successful teams of 8-10 people to achieve their goals
- you've worked in a customer-centric role
- you have experience motivating teams working on ongoing operational work
- you have the right to work in the US
- you're comfortable using a laptop
We offer some amazing benefits! 🙌
These include, but aren’t limited to:
- 32 days paid vacation per year
- Healthcare - 100% contribution to medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Work from home (when you need to)
- Catered lunches
- Personal learning budget for books, training courses and conferences to help you learn and grow
- Team-building, socials and other fun get-togethers
The interview process
The interview process will be a 30-minute phone call, a practical exercise, and two consecutive one-hour interviews (from our office in Las Vegas).
If successful, you'll join a growing team of customer operations specialists who, with the help of our exceptional engineers, designers, product people, and banking experts, are on a mission to change banking forever. To read more about our operations and product launch in the USA please do check out our blog.
Take your time with the questions below
We pay a lot of attention to your answers when we’re looking at your application. So don’t speed through them, they’re worth spending some time over.