We’re building a bank for and with our users. A product that’s fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. As we pave the way for the future of banking, we need a deeper understanding of the problems we want to solve and how we solve them. That’s where you come in.
You’ll be working on a product that is a part of day to day life for more than two million people already, and your work here will shape what we do next at Monzo.
As part of your role, you'll
- Identify and define gaps in our knowledge and decide which to focus on first, depending on our strategic priorities. You'll work closely with our product teams across business areas to figure that out (Growth, Lending, Revenue, International).
- Own and drive end-to-end research studies including study design, fieldwork, analysis, recommendations, reporting and presenting results.
- Run regular surveys with our customers as well as with potential customers.
- Work closely with User Researchers to combine rich qualitative insight with survey results, so we can understand the "why", "how" and "how much" behind the "what".
- Deliver insights that enable improvements and growth through better understanding of both our customers and our competitors. The insight will be delivered in a way that the people can act on, regardless of their seniority or team.
- You'll take ownership for making sure the insight are applied. You'll most closely interact with your colleagues in marketing and product.
- Manage third-party agencies to run studies which we can't do ourselves.
- Keep a pulse on what's happening in the FinTech space. You'll regularly review and interpret market and consumer data and research to inform our overall marketing strategy.
- Teach and empower others to run their own research – like Product Marketers who will want to do competitor research or Product Managers.
- Lead the direction and build out the Marketing Insights function as a discipline at Monzo.
- Provide impartial robust and actionable evaluations of competitor performance, and then suggesting strategies for future marketing plans and product direction.
You should apply if:
- You've worked in a similar role, delivering actionable insights that can guide the strategic direction of the product and marketing efforts. Ideally, you would have experience both working in an agency and client-side.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. We're building out the function and would be looking to you to show us what that looks like.
- You know your research methods inside out. You know when to use surveys or depth- phone calls, and how to combine them to get robust insight into consumer behaviours, attitudes and market trends.
- You love getting your hands dirty and doing the work. We believe that the best way of solving our customers problems is by staying close to our practice.
- You've managed multiple projects in the past and know when to do it yourself and when to delegate it to someone else.
- You're outcome-orientated. You know that we don't do research for the sake of it; we do it to inform decisions.
- Your recommendations are on-point and presented in a way that the business and the teams you work with can act on. You're commercially minded and can present at any level of seniority in a way that's engaging, persuasive and relatable.
- Ideally you'd be familiar with advertising research and best practices to hone the right message for the right audience. We'd love you even more if you had a deep understanding of competitor research.
- You've mentored or taught others your skills. You don't need to have managed a team in the past but you should have a leadership mindset and a genuine desire to build out a function from scratch.
- You're passionate about solving real customer problems, and what we're doing excites you!