Location: Los Angeles
At Monzo, our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our customers effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service, and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need. Our net promoter score is more than 2x that of other banks, and we are the fastest-growing bank in the UK. Monzo better resembles a fast-paced tech startup than a traditional bank – we move fast, ship things every day, and develop products iteratively. But we are also very serious about the safety of our customers’ money and their trust in us, and we believe this starts with our internal culture. We default to transparency both internally and externally, and we involve our community in everything we do. We prize a diverse team as a strength: everyone is welcome at Monzo and is encouraged to do the best work of their lives.
We’re preparing to launch in the US, and we’re looking for an exceptional Senior Recruiter to join us. We have big ambitions in the US and the team will grow very quickly which means this is a key role for us. As our first US-based recruiting hire, you will have a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the processes and hiring strategy. You’ll be a part of the larger Monzo recruiting team and report to one of our leads.
We're looking for an experienced recruiter who can support that growth by sourcing and hiring talented, diverse people who are just as passionate about our mission. In this role, you’ll build a new brand in the market, work with our US leadership team to prioritise hiring and provide an overall lens on the US talent landscape.
You’ll spend your time:
- Helping us hire the right people across Monzo including working on global roles in international locations.
- Working directly with hiring managers to determine the right level, scope and positioning of their roles. Help determine how best to assess skills, build hiring plans and coach managers on how to make decisions.
- Managing a full cycle interview process from sourcing to screening to coordinating interviews to closing candidates.
- Work on strategic projects within the Hiring team that have company-wide impact including improving interview processes, increasing diversity of candidate pipelines and helping develop the skills of the Hiring team.
- Making sure all candidates have a fantastic experience with Monzo from initial outreach to joining the team.
- Partnering with external agencies as needed including evaluating, negotiating contracts and managing their partnership with Monzo.
You should apply if you:
- Have significant experience recruiting multiple roles in a range of disciplines and experience in the US market
- Are used to working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with shifting priorities
- Care deeply about inclusiveness and diversity
- Love sourcing and pride yourself on your resourcefulness
- Are empathetic, adaptable and respectful of candidates’ needs and priorities
- Can adapt your approach to work with a range of stakeholders with different needs
- Can tell whether somebody has the skills we’re looking for, without relying on previous job titles or qualifications.
- Have experience recruiting in-house at a startup