We're looking for someone who loves solving problems and is at their best when providing world-class technical support to their colleagues. We are expanding our team to help cover remote offices and therefore this role will be based in Las Vegas.
You’ll join our TechOps team (Technical Operations): you'll be providing in-person and remote technical support to your fellow Monzo team members, focussing on making sure that the tools they need (laptops, software, networks and internal services) are working smoothly to enable them to do the best work of their lives.
We're building the best possible banking experience for and with our community of customers. We aim to delight people by making their financial lives simpler, which means having a great app and providing world-class support, which can only be done if the team here at Monzo have the tools they need to do their jobs.
Every day you will be:
- Dealing with problems that arise, helping your fellow Monzo team members to fix issues with their laptops, granting them access to internal systems, diagnosing issues with our networks, and whatever else may come up.
- Looking for engineering solutions to manual process and common problems that arise: can a frequent request be dealt with by a shell script; could a Slack bot handle new hardware requests? We love it when our tools can take some of the load off our teams.
- Working to deliver a number of projects to help make our infrastructure better, and making our onboarding process smoother as we grow.
- Helping new members of the team get up to speed with their IT kit and making the process of joining Monzo as delightful as possible.
- A vital part of Monzo's internal growth, enabling the business to seamlessly and rapidly expand into new regions around the world.
As an early member of one of our vital internal teams, you'll have plenty of opportunities to progress and define your own role and specialism as the team grows. Progression opportunities for this role include carrying out more complex investigations and leading infrastructure and hardware projects (such as carrying out all of the necessary technical tasks for setting up new offices).
You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You love solving problems and have a huge amount of enthusiasm and patience for the technology problems faced by your colleagues.
- You have experience of supporting a range of different technologies, working in different environments.
- You have some knowledge of programming in any language.
- You are passionate about technology and how it can help an organisation grow and deliver an amazing product to our customers and community.
- You're empathetic, positive, organised and considerate.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions about the role or team, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We're very open about what we do in general, so our blog is a good place to learn more.
Interview and onboarding process:
The interview process consists of a 30-minute phone call, a short practical exercise, and two consecutive one-hour interviews which will be either via video call or in person depending on location and timing.
If successful, you'll join a hand-picked team of engineers, designers, product people, and banking experts on a mission to change consumer financial services forever.