At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We’re growing extremely quickly, with over 2 million customers in the UK. We’re looking for a pragmatic, collaborative and ambitious Credit Risk Analyst to join our second line of defence Risk team to ensure that Monzo can both grow and stay in control.
Your role will focus on helping us understand and manage credit risk arising from all our current and new activities and products. This will include how we develop new products in lending, IFRS 9 provisioning, model management and monitoring.
You’ll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team which is delivering effective risk management at Monzo, and you will work closely with other risk professionals and teams across the bank, in Lending and etc. We’re looking for someone with solid knowledge of the credit risks that a bank is exposed to, and who cares deeply about our business and customers.
You’ll spend your time:
- Helping to implement Monzo’s credit risk management framework, reviewing credit risk appetite, IFRS 9 provisioning and models; policies and controls; as well as undertaking key tasks in credit risk management on a day to day basis
- Supporting our new risk leadership team and contributing to key high-impact project.
- Analysing the risks of new lending products, including monitoring and enhancing performance metrics
- Helping us stay up to date with and meet regulatory expectations
- Working with product teams to review new product initiatives and features
- Supporting management routines such as executive-level Risk Council and Board-level Risk Committee.
- Following up on incidents and audit actions and collaborating with teams to find solutions
- Building effective relationships internally to support risk assessments and to embed good control practices in the first line
- Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice in clear easy to understand language
You should apply if:
- You are early in your career with a strong appetite to learn
- You are passionate about innovation, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have previously been exposed to credit risk management either working in the first line or second line; or calculating IFRS 9 provisioning numbers; or retail credit risk, including industry practices for overdrafts and other short-term lending products
- You’re great at analysing data, building graphs and looking for early indicators of trends
- You can provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail
- You are great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment where the day to day job differs.
These are not essential but we’d love if you:
- have technical skills such as SQL or Python
- understand how credit risk scorecards are used to make credit decisions
- are familiar with how credit reference agencies work
- are familiar with the FCA’s consumer credit sourcebook (CONC)
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a take-home task, then an on-site interview at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).