At Monzo, we're building a bank that is fair, transparent and delightful to use. We’re growing extremely quickly, with over 2 million customers in the UK. We’re looking for a pragmatic, collaborative and ambitious Financial Risk Analyst to join our second line of defence Risk team to ensure that Monzo can both grow and stay in control.
Your role will focus on helping us understand and manage financial and prudential risks arising from all our current and new activities and products. This will include the way we manage our balance sheet, ensure we hold sufficient regulatory capital aside, and monitor other risks that we are or might become exposed to (FX risk, interest rate risk, and more).
You’ll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team which is delivering effective risk management at Monzo, and you will work closely with other risk professionals and teams across the bank, in Finance, Product, etc. We’re looking for someone with solid knowledge of the financial risks that a bank is exposed to, and who cares deeply about our business and customers.
You’ll spend your time:
- Helping to implement Monzo’s financial risk management framework, reviewing financial risk appetites, policies and controls; as well as undertaking key tasks in financial risk management on a day to day basis
- Supporting preparation of Monzo’s ICAAP, stress-tests and recovery plans;
- Helping us stay up to date with and meet regulatory expectations
- Building effective relationships internally to support risk assessments and to embed good control practices in the first line
- Working with product teams to review new product initiatives and features
- Helping to follow-up on and solve incidents, audit actions and other critical requests
- Making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Monzo, and sharing best practice in clear easy to understand language
You should apply if:
- You are early in your career with a strong appetite to learn
- You are passionate about innovation, and what we are doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have previously been exposed to financial risk management, whether via capital adequacy, market or liquidity risk management, or via preparing ICAAP submissions or other financial models in a financial services environment
- You have a strong understanding of the regulatory framework in which banks operate, in particular capital and liquidity requirements
- You can provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships
- You are hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail
- You are great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment where the day to day job differs
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a take-home task, then an on-site interview at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers).